- Noonan’s Wednesday, July 7th Hike in the Rouge
- Noonan’s June 30th Rouge Beach Hike
- Noonan’s June 23rd Hike in Orchard Vista, Rouge Park
- Noonan’s June 16th Hike in the Rouge
- Noonan’s June 9th Hike ‘the Rouge’
- Noonan’s June 4th ‘Meander’ Hike in the Rouge
- Noonan’s May 26th Hike in the Rouge
- Noonan’s May 12 Hike in the Beare Wetlands
- Noonan’s May 19th Hike the Rouge
- Noonan’s May 7th Hike in the Rouge Marsh along the Lake Ontario Shore…
Category Archives: frogs
Larry Noonan’s hike this past Saturday attracted 25 people to the Altona Panhandle Forest in the Rouge. They came across two beaver ponds replete with beaver, several bird species including a flicker, a painted turtle…
In a third pond they saw goldfish, presumably dumped there by a well meaning person…but this doesn’t do much good as the goldfish in a small pond eat the frog eggs and tadpoles ultimately eliminating these from the pond.
*Provide targets for restoration in the Rouge watershed
*Restore native ecosystems everywhere possible and practical in the Park
*Reintroduce endangered native species that are no longer evident
*Establish natural resources monitoring and reporting systems
*Protect the Class 1 farm acreages in Rouge Park
*Protect and preserve the cultural and heritage sites found in the valley
*Stop illegal dumping, poaching, vandalism and heritage site destruction and abuse
PARKS CANADA is committed to restoring native ecosystems in the Rouge. They are currently working on projects with municipalities, environmental groups and local farmers in a number of areas.
The reintroduction of endangered turtle species, creating easier access for wildlife to cross roads and wetland improvement are just some of the current ecosystem activities.
Parks Canada is inviting you to join the 7th Annual Rouge Frog Watch, April 28, May 26, June 23 in concert with the Metro Zoo. An interesting exercise visiting many of the wetlands in the Rouge watershed, gathering important information on the many and varied frog species.
Space is limited so act soon…
…for information contact email@example.com