- Some Monarch Butterfly Populations Are Rising. Is It Enough to Save Them? — Natural History Wanderings
- Restoration in the Santa Monica Mountains —The World’s Largest Urban National Park — Natural History Wanderings
- Noonan’s May 18th Hike in the Rouge
- Terry Whittam Memorial Hike on May 11th…
- Terry Whittam Memorial Hike
- Noonan’s May 5th Hike in the Rouge
- Jan’s Photos from Hike in Bob Hunter Park
- Noonan’s April 20th Hike in the Rouge
- Noonan’s April 13th Hike in the Rouge
- Noonan’s April 6th Hike in the Rouge
Category Archives: Pickering Greenspace
The Ontario government belatedly announced the transfer of some of the previously committed to provincial lands on Saturday, October 21 in a brief ceremony! This new announcement transferred 6.5 square KM to the new Parks Canada urban national park.
MPP Ted Arnott was critical that the government had not yet transferred the remaining 15 square KM as per the previous agreement between the Federal and Provincial governments, the provincial Liberal government stating that this transfer will be announced at a later date.
Slowly but surely Rouge National Urban Park project marches toward completion, but it looks like there is still a way to go before a full appreciation of what this unique Canadian National Park can be.
…of the southern part of what will become Rouge National Urban Park.