- Some Monarch Butterfly Populations Are Rising. Is It Enough to Save Them? — Natural History Wanderings
- Restoration in the Santa Monica Mountains —The World’s Largest Urban National Park — Natural History Wanderings
- Noonan’s May 18th Hike in the Rouge
- Terry Whittam Memorial Hike on May 11th…
- Terry Whittam Memorial Hike
- Noonan’s May 5th Hike in the Rouge
- Jan’s Photos from Hike in Bob Hunter Park
- Noonan’s April 20th Hike in the Rouge
- Noonan’s April 13th Hike in the Rouge
- Noonan’s April 6th Hike in the Rouge
Category Archives: Uxbridge Greenspace
The Ontario government belatedly announced the transfer of some of the previously committed to provincial lands on Saturday, October 21 in a brief ceremony! This new announcement transferred 6.5 square KM to the new Parks Canada urban national park.
MPP Ted Arnott was critical that the government had not yet transferred the remaining 15 square KM as per the previous agreement between the Federal and Provincial governments, the provincial Liberal government stating that this transfer will be announced at a later date.
Slowly but surely Rouge National Urban Park project marches toward completion, but it looks like there is still a way to go before a full appreciation of what this unique Canadian National Park can be.
…of the southern part of what will become Rouge National Urban Park.
Check with the House of Commons Hansard service and read the debate transcript from November 24 re the various changes and amendments to the above-mentioned.
(Check -view all updates -on the above site)
…to the new Rouge National Urban Park by Province of Ontario to honour earlier agreement at last! Whoopie!
Check the first half of the March 2016 park hike schedules and plan to join in:
-Sat, Mar 5; Sun,Mar 6; Wed, Mar 9: Sat, Mar 12; Sun,Mar 13;, Mon, Mar 14; Tuesday, Mar 15
Federal Canadian Minister of the Environment, Catharine McKenna, promises that Rouge National Urban Park will be completed; ” Looking forward to the completion of Rouge Park to protect its important ecosystems and its heritage values”…