- Noonan’s June 17th Hike in the Rouge…
- Noonan’s June 10th Hike
- Noonan’s May 27th Hike in the Rouge
- Noonan’s May 20th Hike in the Rouge
- Noonan’s Tuesday, May 5/20 Hike the Rouge
- Noonan’s 2nd May 8 Hike in the Rouge
- Noonan’s Wednesday, May 8th Bird Hike in the Rouge
- Noonan’s Feb 20th Hike in the Rouge
- Noonan’s Feb 13th Hike in The Rouge
- Larry Noonan’s look at a unique wasp species! This is Megarhyssa macrurus, a large parasitic ichneumon wasp.
Category Archives: Uxbridge Greenspace
Careless kite flyers should remove their kite wire, as these hikers last week did after finding this strung between trees at a height dangerous for birds.
The Beare wetlands pond was partially drained for inspection…
Photos by hike leader Larry Noonan
…ENCOURAGING THE NEW FEDERAL MINISTER OF THE ENVIRONMENT TO PUSH TOWARD…
…THE COMPLETION OF THE ROUGE NATIONAL URBAN PARK PROGRAM
With the Canadian National Election dust settling it appears that the following statement contained in the Liberal Party election platform- ” We will also complete the necessary agreement with the Ontario Government to finalize the creation of the country’s first urban National Park, ROUGE NATIONAL PARK”– is bringing comfort to those many, many Rouge Park project supporters.
Also, Ontario Cabinet Minister, Brad Duguid, responsible for the transfer of provincial lands to fulfill a previously signed agreement with Parks Canada and the Federal Government said as soon as the (Federal) environment Minister is chosen the province will join an effort to turn the park, which the previous government created through legislation, into what it should be. ‘In the coming weeks we’ll be starting that work”. he said, according to the Scarbough Mirror.