- BOARDWALK PRESENTATION, from Friends of the Rouge National Urban Park
- Noonan’s January 27th Hike in the Rouge
- Noonan’s January 22nd Hike in the Rouge
- Noonan’s January 13th Hike in the Rouge
- Noonan’s January 8th Hike in the Rouge, Beach to Campground
- Noonan’s December 30th Hike in the Rouge
- Noonan’s December 23rd Christmas Hike in the Rouge, starting at Pinegrove
- Noonan’s DECEMBER 9TH Hike in the Rouge, Orchard and Vista Trails
- Noonan’s December 2nd Hike in the Rouge
- Noonan’s NOVEMBER 25TH HIKE, MAST HILL
Category Archives: Markham Greenspace
The Ontario government belatedly announced the transfer of some of the previously committed to provincial lands on Saturday, October 21 in a brief ceremony! This new announcement transferred 6.5 square KM to the new Parks Canada urban national park.
MPP Ted Arnott was critical that the government had not yet transferred the remaining 15 square KM as per the previous agreement between the Federal and Provincial governments, the provincial Liberal government stating that this transfer will be announced at a later date.
Slowly but surely Rouge National Urban Park project marches toward completion, but it looks like there is still a way to go before a full appreciation of what this unique Canadian National Park can be.
…of the southern part of what will become Rouge National Urban Park.
Check with the House of Commons Hansard service and read the debate transcript from November 24 re the various changes and amendments to the above-mentioned.
(Check -view all updates -on the above site)
…to the new Rouge National Urban Park by Province of Ontario to honour earlier agreement at last! Whoopie!
Check the first half of the March 2016 park hike schedules and plan to join in:
-Sat, Mar 5; Sun,Mar 6; Wed, Mar 9: Sat, Mar 12; Sun,Mar 13;, Mon, Mar 14; Tuesday, Mar 15
Federal Canadian Minister of the Environment, Catharine McKenna, promises that Rouge National Urban Park will be completed; ” Looking forward to the completion of Rouge Park to protect its important ecosystems and its heritage values”…