- Noonan’s May 7th Hike in the Rouge Marsh along the Lake Ontario Shore…
- May 7th Hike, Tall Grass Trail, Bob Hunter Park
- Larry and Jan Hiking in the Altona Forest Panhandle, Rouge Valley
- Larry and Jan Birdwatching at Beare Wetlands, Rouge National Urban Park
- Noonan’s April 14th Hike on the Mast Trail, Rouge National Urban Park
- Noonan’s April 7th Hike on the Glasgow/Coyote Trail in the Rouge
- Noonan’s March 31st Hike in the Rouge
- Noonan’s March 24th Hike on the Monarch Trail in the Rouge
- Noonan’s March 17th Hike in the Rouge
- Noonan’s March 3 Hike in the Rouge
Category Archives: Toronto greenspace
The Ontario government belatedly announced the transfer of some of the previously committed to provincial lands on Saturday, October 21 in a brief ceremony! This new announcement transferred 6.5 square KM to the new Parks Canada urban national park.
MPP Ted Arnott was critical that the government had not yet transferred the remaining 15 square KM as per the previous agreement between the Federal and Provincial governments, the provincial Liberal government stating that this transfer will be announced at a later date.
Slowly but surely Rouge National Urban Park project marches toward completion, but it looks like there is still a way to go before a full appreciation of what this unique Canadian National Park can be.
Check with the House of Commons Hansard service and read the debate transcript from November 24 re the various changes and amendments to the above-mentioned.
(Check -view all updates -on the above site)
…to the new Rouge National Urban Park by Province of Ontario to honour earlier agreement at last! Whoopie!
Check the first half of the March 2016 park hike schedules and plan to join in:
-Sat, Mar 5; Sun,Mar 6; Wed, Mar 9: Sat, Mar 12; Sun,Mar 13;, Mon, Mar 14; Tuesday, Mar 15
Federal Canadian Minister of the Environment, Catharine McKenna, promises that Rouge National Urban Park will be completed; ” Looking forward to the completion of Rouge Park to protect its important ecosystems and its heritage values”…